Master of international affairs Candidate | Columbia University school of international and public affairs (SIPA) | CLASS of 2020
Concentration: Economic and Political Development
Specialization: Advanced Economic and Political Analysis
Expected coursework in utilizing tools such as STATA, R and Python.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, magna cum laude | December 2016 | Pace University, New York
Coursework in Health Economics, Macro and Microeconomics, Statistics, Web and Digital Design, Web Authoring, Econometrics, Communications, Political Economy, and Sociology
Dean's List (2013-2016)
Vice President, then President of Sigma Alpha Pi (2014)
chief financial Officer, The Sadie Collective | October 2019 - present
• Created a development framework identifying large and small donors in order to raise startup funds for The Collective
• Developed and managed budget for The Collective’s regular activities and events
• Researched, wrote, and disseminated all proposals, reports, and other development-related communication materials in support of the unit's fund-raising and financial reporting activities.
• Fundraised over $15,000 towards The Collective’s inaugural Sadie T.M. Alexander Conference
Research and Administrative associate, economic security project | June 2017 - July 2018
• Conducted initial research on various policy issues such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Unconditional Cash Transfers, and Alaska Permanent Fund Dividend which informed the organization's policy, communications, and development strategies
• Created a framework for and onboard staff on Salesforce CRM and installed key integrations with project management tools for development staff
• Created and managed websites for two of the organization's flagship initiatives
• Created images and stylized documents in Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
• Managed calendars, travel, and financial reporting for senior staff members
Presenter, 11th Annual Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Economic Scholars Program | March 2017
On March 31st, 2017, I presented the results of my original research paper titled " The Impact of Rapid Gentrification in Rents" at the 2017 Economic Scholars Program recognizing undergraduate research held by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in collaboration with Austin College. Paper made use of many methods of statistical analysis as well as qualitative research.
Intern mentor, Feminist Majority Foundation / Girls learn international | february - march 2017
I attended UN Women's Commission on the Status of Women's CSW61 conference on behalf of Girls Learn International as an Intern Mentor charged with:
Guiding a group of high school students through advocacy for the benefit of women and girls all over the world.
Facilitating meetings with the students and their chaperones as well as leading them into thinking critically about feminism and advocacy.
Assisting them in the creation of an advocacy project
Professor's assistant, economics department, Pace university | january 2016 - december 2016
During my 2016 Spring and Fall semesters at Pace University, I assisted a Anne Bynoe, Phd in her course ECO 253 (Current Economic Issues). Duties included:
Gathering materials for lectures on academic writing and best practices, and economic theory,
Grading short assignments and assignments
Ensuring a clear line of communication between students and the professor by scheduling appointments in office hours and addressing frequently asked questions in class.
Freelance social media Manager | August 2016 - present
I have worked on, a Freelance basis, for schools, small businesses, and authors to help them increase their social media reach and engagement, increase their web presence, and assist in creating their digital framework. For more information on the services I provide, see here.
Awards + MEDIA
Excellence in the Social Sciences Award | Dyson Schools of Arts and Sciences, Pace University | 2017
Plenary Speaker Award, Dyson Society of Fellows Annual Meeting | 2017
Excellence in Economic Research Award | Economic Department, Dyson Schools of Arts and Sciences, Pace University | 2017
Featured Contributor on BBC World News' Have Your Say | 2015-2016 speaking on issues of Black and Caribbean culture.
Writing Enhanced Course Award | Pace University, 2015
Trustees Award Scholarship | Pace University | 2013-2016