Master of international affairs Candidate | Columbia University school of international and public affairs (SIPA) | CLASS of 2020
- Concentration: Economic and Political Development
- Specialization: Advanced Economic and Political Analysis
- Expected coursework in utilizing tools such as STATA, R and Python.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics, magna cum laude | December 2016 | Pace University, New York
Coursework in Health Economics, Macro and Microeconomics, Statistics, Web and Digital Design, Web Authoring, Econometrics, Communications, Political Economy, and Sociology
Dean's List (2013-2016)
Vice President, then President of Sigma Alpha Pi (2014)
Research and Administrative associate, economic security project | June 2017 - July 2018
The Economic Security Project is a network committed to advancing the conversation on cash benefits and basic income in the United States.
As an Administrative and Research Associate, I performed both administrative duties and acted as a research resource for the organization's. Regular duties included:
Providing high level support to the leadership team by proactively managing internal and external schedules, travel arrangements, expense reports, meeting/event logistics, and report updates.
Coordinating and support meetings by producing agendas and other materials for meetings, taking notes, capturing next steps, and producing follow-up materials as required.
Supporting financial and accounting activities by processing invoices, maintaining vendor documentation, and reconciling monthly credit card expenses
Developing and maintain organizational documentation, systems, reports, processes, etc. both in hard copy and in Trello and Google Drive.
Creating original images and stylized document templates for external communications materials
- Conducting initial research and compiling background documents on various policy issues and potential donors to inform organizational strategy.
- Creating and managing two websites for flagship organizational initiatives as well as keeping the main organizational website current using proficiencies in WordPress, HTML/CSS, and SquareSpace
Presenter, 11th Annual Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Economic Scholars Program | March 2017
On March 31st, 2017, I presented the results of my original research paper titled " The Impact of Rapid Gentrification in Rents" at the 2017 Economic Scholars Program recognizing undergraduate research held by the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas in collaboration with Austin College. Paper made use of many methods of statistical analysis as well as qualitative research.
Intern mentor, Feminist Majority Foundation / Girls learn international | february - march 2017
I attended UN Women's Commission on the Status of Women's CSW61 conference on behalf of Girls Learn International as an Intern Mentor charged with:
- Guiding a group of high school students through advocacy for the benefit of women and girls all over the world.
- Facilitating meetings with the students and their chaperones as well as leading them into thinking critically about feminism and advocacy.
- Assisting them in the creation of an advocacy projcect
Professor's assistant, economics department, Pace university | january 2016 - december 2016
During my 2016 Spring and Fall semesters at Pace University, I assisted a Anne Bynoe, Phd in her course ECO 253 (Current Economic Issues). Duties included:
- Gathering materials for lectures on academic writing and best practices, and economic theory,
- Grading short assignments and assignments
- Ensuring a clear line of communication between students and the professor by scheduling appointments in office hours and addressing frequently asked questions in class.
Freelance social media Manager | August 2016 - present
I have worked on, a Freelance basis, for schools, small businesses, and authors to help them increase their social media reach and engagement, increase their web presence, and assist in creating their digital framework. For more information on the services I provide, see here.
Communications and development intern, visionSpring | February 2016 - may 2016
VIsionSpring is a nonprofit which aims to increase access to necessary eye care in emerging markets.
As a Communications and Development Intern at VisionSpring, I performed the following duties:
- Managing organization social media profiles with the intent to grow and maximize audience - which I did by 40%
- Assisting the development staff in drafting grant proposals and reports, and perform ad hoc research projects.
- Utilizing tools like Google AdWords to analyze organization's web traffic
- Making necessary changes to the company website via Wordpress
Awards + MEDIA
- Excellence in the Social Sciences Award | Dyson Schools of Arts and Sciences, Pace University | 2017
- Plenary Speaker Award, Dyson Society of Fellows Annual Meeting | 2017
- Excellence in Economic Research Award | Economic Department, Dyson Schools of Arts and Sciences, Pace University | 2017
- Featured Contributor on BBC World News' Have Your Say | 2015-2016 speaking on issues of Black and Caribbean culture.
- Writing Enhanced Course Award | Pace University, 2015
- Trustees Award Scholarship | Pace University | 2013-2016